As you already know, PHP has recently released latest PHP 7.1. It takes time for web hosting providers to integrate latest PHP into their cPanel. But Hawk Host is an exceptional case. I feel excited when I know HawkHost has added PHP 7.1 to its cPanel.
Thus, if you are a customer of Hawk Host, you should consider upgrading to PHP 7.1. If you don’t know how to upgrade to PHP 7.1, you will find the answer in this short article.
Note: At the present, PHP 7.1 is only compatible with WordPress 4.7. Therefore, you must upgrade to WordPress 4.7 before upgrading to PHP 7.1.
How to upgrade to PHP 7.1
1 First, access cPanel. Scroll down to Software section. Click on Select PHP version link.
2. Select PHP 7.1 from the drop-down box. Click on “Set as current” button.
3. Tick off the modules below. Click on Save button.
4. Click on Switch to PHP options link on the right corner.
5. Apply some orange changes below. Click on Save button to save changes.
6. Access your website to check if everything is ok or not.
As such, you have upgraded to PHP 7.1 successfully.
As I mentioned above, PHP 7. 1 is rather new, and many hosting providers aren’t ready to integrate this version in their cPanel. By adding PHP 7.1 to the cPanel, Hawk Host proves itself as a pioneer in applying latest technologies in web hosting.
If you want to interest in web hosting of Hawk Host, refer to some previous posts:
Is your website upgraded to PHP 7.1? Let me know your ideas in the comments box below.