Looking for some Divi alternate options on your WordPress website?
Many individuals love Divi (our evaluation) as a result of it allows you to construct a customized WordPress website with visible, drag-and-drop design — no code required.
Nevertheless, Divi isn’t the correct resolution for everybody, and with regards to visible design on WordPress, you’ll find plenty of different high-quality instruments that make an amazing different to Divi.
However which is the most suitable choice on your scenario?
Beneath, we’ve curated our picks for the six greatest Divi alternate options based mostly on our hands-on expertise utilizing WordPress and all the favored site-building instruments.
As a result of Divi comes as each a theme and a plugin, we’ve included each themes and plugins on our checklist. The one commonality between all of those instruments is that they enable you construct a great-looking customized WordPress website with none code.
For every different, I’ll share the next:
- A common introduction to the software
- Execs and cons of the software versus Divi
- What it’s wish to construct your website with every software
- Pricing data
Let’s dig in!
Elementor is a WordPress web page builder plugin that allows you to construct your whole WordPress website utilizing visible, drag-and-drop design, similar to the Divi Builder.
With the free model, you possibly can design particular person posts and pages, whereas with the Professional model, you possibly can construct your whole theme from scratch, together with your header, footer, and content material templates.
As a result of it’s a plugin and never a theme like Divi, you’ll additionally must pair it with a theme. It really works nice with a number of the different Divi alternate options on this checklist in addition to different light-weight themes reminiscent of Sydney and Botiga.
Execs and Cons of Elementor vs Divi
- Elementor works with any theme.
- It has a free model for easy use instances.
- Elementor is each bit as highly effective as Divi with regards to design choices, if no more.
- It has extra options than Divi, reminiscent of a popup builder.
- It doesn’t have a “actual” official theme like Divi. Elementor does provide the Hiya theme, however it’s only a clean canvas on your designs.
- Elementor Professional is costlier if you’ll want to apply it to a number of websites.
How You Construct Your Website With Elementor
With Elementor, you’ve got two choices for constructing your website.
First, you possibly can pair it with a daily theme and solely activate the Elementor builder once you need extra management over the design for a selected web page. This could be just like the “basic” Divi strategy the place you utilize the Divi theme to manage primary templates after which activate the Divi Builder once you want extra flexibility.
Second, you should utilize Elementor Professional’s theme builder, which helps you to use Elementor’s visible interface to design your whole website’s templates. This could be just like the brand new theme builder function that Divi launched in Divi 4.0.
If you wish to completely use Elementor’s theme builder options, I like to recommend pairing Elementor with the official Hiya theme, because it supplies essentially the most light-weight canvas attainable on your designs.
Right here’s an amazing video on the fundamentals of constructing a website with Elementor:
Pricing for Elementor
The core Elementor plugin is accessible at no cost at WordPress.org. Nevertheless, you’ll nearly actually need Elementor Professional if you wish to use it as a Divi different.
Elementor Professional begins at $49 to be used on a single website, which will get you entry to all the options, together with the theme builder and popup builder.
👉 Learn these posts for extra particulars on Elementor:
Astra is a light-weight, multipurpose WordPress theme that makes an amazing different to Divi.
In contrast to Divi, Astra doesn’t include its personal visible, drag-and-drop builder. As an alternative, it’s constructed to pair with whichever builder you like, which helps you to select the design expertise that most closely fits your wants.
It affords pre-built demo websites for the next builders:
- Native block editor (Gutenberg)
- Beaver Builder
Nevertheless, you aren’t restricted to only these choices, and it’ll additionally work effectively with just about another builder plugin. You could possibly even use it with the plugin model of Divi Builder if you would like!
Execs and Cons of Astra vs Divi
- Astra masses quicker than Divi, particularly if you happen to pair it with the block editor.
- It offers you extra versatile theme choices within the WordPress Customizer.
- You should utilize it with any web page builder plugin.
- It’s cheaper than Divi.
- Astra doesn’t have its personal drag-and-drop builder, which may be a con if you happen to’d quite have it built-in.
How You Construct Your Website With Astra
Astra is a theme, so that you’ll use it similar to another theme. It’s very versatile and, by way of its Customizer controls, you possibly can design your header, footer, weblog submit templates, and so forth.
Astra’s Customizer controls are wonderful — you even get a drag-and-drop header and footer builder:
So as to add full visible, drag-and-drop design, you’ll wish to pair Astra with a web page builder plugin. The free model of Elementor is one in style choice, however Astra will work effectively with just about any web page builder plugin.
Or, you possibly can all the time stick to the native WordPress block editor if it has sufficient design flexibility on your wants.
Pricing for Astra
The core Astra theme is accessible at no cost at WordPress.org. With simply the free theme, you already get quite a lot of flexibility, which makes Astra top-of-the-line free Divi alternate options.
Nevertheless, severe customers will most likely wish to add the Astra Professional extension as a result of it provides the next options:
- Extra versatile format choices
- Extra superior menu/header choices
- Much more customization choices within the WordPress Customizer
- Extra importable demo websites (solely with the company license, although)
Astra Professional prices $59 to be used on limitless websites, however you’ll want the pricier Company license to entry the premium demo websites.
👉 Learn this submit for extra particulars on how Astra compares to Divi:
Beaver Builder is a WordPress plugin that provides a visible, drag-and-drop builder, very similar to Elementor.
Nevertheless, the developer additionally affords a Beaver Builder theme you possibly can pair with the builder to create a completely Divi-like expertise.
If you happen to use the Beaver Builder plugin and theme on the identical time, the expertise is just about the identical because the Divi theme. However the good factor about Beaver Builder is that it additionally pairs effectively with different themes, so you’ve got some added flexibility in comparison with what Divi affords.
There’s additionally an official Beaver Themer extension that provides full theme constructing help to Beaver Builder, very similar to you get with Divi’s theme builder.
Execs and Cons of Beaver Builder vs Divi
- Designs constructed with Beaver Builder are a bit extra light-weight than Divi.
- Its visible builder is extra steady and has fewer glitches.
- Beaver Builder makes it straightforward to make use of a special theme.
- Beaver Builder is costlier than Divi, particularly if you happen to want theme constructing.
- It doesn’t provide as many model choices as Divi.
- Divi has far more pre-built designs.
How You Construct Your Website With Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder offers you quite a lot of flexibility for a way you construct your website. It could mimic the identical strategy as Divi, or you should utilize it as a standalone web page builder plugin with or with out the theme builder add-on.
The primary choice is to make use of each the Beaver Builder Theme and the plugin. With this setup, you’ll use the theme for international styling and areas reminiscent of your header and footer whereas the web page builder plugin on your precise content material. This strategy is just about equivalent to Divi.
The second choice is to make use of the Beaver Builder plugin with a special theme. It pairs effectively with each Astra and GeneratePress, that are different wonderful Divi alternate options on this checklist.
Lastly, you can even create your personal theme with Beaver Themer, which provides you entry to full theme constructing help so to design your header, footer, and content material templates utilizing Beaver Builder.
Right here’s an amazing video that compares the approaches of Beaver Themer and the Beaver Builder Theme:
Pricing for Beaver Builder
The core Beaver Builder plugin prices $99 to be used on limitless websites by way of the Normal plan, which places it in the identical realm as Divi.
Nevertheless, if you would like entry to the Beaver Builder Theme, you’ll want the $199 Professional plan. And, if you wish to use the theme constructing performance, you’ll additionally must buy the Beaver Themer extension for $147 to be used on limitless websites.
In these conditions, Beaver Builder is a bit more costly than Divi.
👉 Learn these posts for extra particulars on Beaver Builder:
Avada might be essentially the most one-to-one Divi different on this checklist as a result of it makes use of the very same strategy because the Divi theme.
Avada can also be a WordPress theme that comes bundled with its personal visible builder known as the Avada Builder. That’s similar to how Divi is a WordPress theme that comes bundled with its personal visible builder known as the Divi Builder.
Nevertheless, Avada isn’t as performance-optimized as Divi which launched its performance-focused replace in Divi 4.10.
To optimize Avada, I like to recommend utilizing a efficiency plugin reminiscent of WP Rocket in order that your website masses rapidly (you possibly can study extra in my WP Rocket evaluation).
Execs and Cons of Avada vs Divi
- Avada Builder integrates the web page and theme constructing into one unified interface, which is a little more handy than Divi.
- Its base theme is extra versatile than the Divi theme.
- Avada is cheaper if you happen to solely want it on a single website, particularly as a result of it comes with lifetime updates by default.
- Divi is quicker and extra performance-optimized than Avada.
- Divi affords a bigger importable website library.
How You Construct Your Website With Avada
At a excessive stage, Avada works just about the identical as Divi. You put in the Avada theme, and it bundles within the Avada Builder as effectively. Then, you possibly can both use the theme choices to manage the essential design or create your personal theme utilizing Avada’s theme constructing performance.
Right here’s an summary of Avada’s frontend constructing strategy:
Pricing for Avada
Like Divi, Avada solely is available in a premium model. It prices $60, which will get you lifetime updates however just for a single website.
This can be a large distinction from Divi, which permits utilization on limitless websites on all of its plans.
When it comes to Avada vs Divi pricing, it really works out like this:
- Avada is cheaper if you happen to solely want it for a single website.
- When it comes to receiving lifetime updates, buying separate Avada licenses is cheaper than Divi’s lifetime membership ($249) for as much as 4 websites. After that, you’re paying extra for Avada than for Divi.
👉 Learn this submit for extra particulars on Avada:
Oxygen is a superb Divi different for extra superior customers preferring cleaner code output and stronger help for dynamic content material and customized content material websites.
It’s technically a WordPress plugin, however Oxygen utterly replaces your theme and allows you to design every thing utilizing a visible, drag-and-drop interface.
Whenever you set up it, Oxygen will deactivate your theme. So, there will likely be zero traces of your energetic theme on the frontend and solely the templates that you just’ve designed with Oxygen will present up. In that manner, Oxygen is appearing extra like a WordPress theme than a plugin.
As I discussed, I feel that Oxygen is an effective different for extra superior customers. Listed below are a number of the benefits that Oxygen has over Divi:
- Cleaner HTML output. The brand new model additionally gained’t be shortcode-based like Divi (Oxygen is transferring to a JSON strategy to retailer designs).
- Sticks nearer to true HTML within the editor. For instance, the editor allows you to straight add <div> containers.
- Flexbox controls.
- A lot stronger help for dynamic information. For instance, you possibly can create loops/repeaters and use conditional guidelines to vary issues based mostly on the info in a customized discipline.
Execs and Cons of Oxygen vs Divi
- Oxygen’s builder outputs a lot cleaner code on the frontend.
- It’s a lot stronger at dealing with dynamic content material. Whereas Divi’s theme builder does help this function, it’s not as versatile as Oxygen.
- Superior customers will like how Oxygen mimics precise HTML/CSS.
- It’s cheaper than Divi.
- Oxygen isn’t as beginner-friendly as Divi. I don’t advocate it instead for informal customers — persist with one of many different choices.
- It doesn’t have as many pre-built designs as Divi.
How You Construct Your Website With Oxygen
Whenever you set up Oxygen, it’s going to deactivate your present WordPress theme so to construct your whole website utilizing its visible, drag-and-drop builder.
Oxygen affords premade website templates that you should utilize as a base, or you possibly can design every thing from scratch, together with your header, footer, single and archive templates, and extra.
Right here’s an amazing product tour of Oxygen’s interface and key options:
Pricing for Oxygen
Oxygen solely is available in a premium model. There are three completely different pricing plans relying on precisely which options you want, with costs beginning at simply $129.
All the plans provide lifetime help and updates, which may be very beneficiant. Due to this, Oxygen is cheaper than Divi throughout the board with regards to Divi vs Oxygen pricing.
Like Astra, GeneratePress is one other WordPress theme that provides you a light-weight, customizable basis to match what Divi affords.
GeneratePress doesn’t provide its personal customized visible builder, however it does combine tightly with the WordPress block editor in addition to web page builder plugins — so you possibly can simply pair it with a visible builder to create an expertise like Divi.
It additionally comes with some attention-grabbing block-based theme constructing performance, although this doesn’t match the flexibleness of Divi’s theme constructing.
Execs and Cons of GeneratePress vs Divi
- GeneratePress masses quicker than Divi.
- It offers you extra versatile theme choices within the WordPress Customizer.
- You should utilize it with any web page builder plugin.
- It’s cheaper than Divi.
- GeneratePress doesn’t have its personal built-in builder, which may be a unfavourable for some folks.
- Divi has far more pre-built demo websites.
How You Construct Your Website With GeneratePress
GeneratePress may be very versatile with the way it allows you to construct your website. There are three essential approaches that you may take.
First, you should utilize GeneratePress’s superior Customizer controls and the native WordPress editor (together with the GenerateBlocks plugin for extra flexibility).
Second, you possibly can swap out the native editor on your favourite web page builder plugin. GeneratePress works nice with Elementor, Beaver Builder, Brizy, and just about all web page builder plugins.
Third, you should utilize the brand new block-based theme builder options launched in GeneratePress 3.0. These aren’t as beginner-friendly or versatile as Divi, however they do allow you to design customized layouts and templates utilizing the native WordPress block editor.
Or, you possibly can mix-and-match all three approaches! You aren’t restricted to only one.
Right here’s a fast promo video of GeneratePress’ block-based theme builder — it’s very distinctive and one thing you gained’t discover in lots of different WordPress themes:
Pricing for GeneratePress
The core GeneratePress theme is accessible at no cost at WordPress.org.
Nevertheless, you’ll want the GeneratePress Premium add-on to unlock all the customization choices, the block-based theme builder, and the importable demo websites.
GeneratePress Premium prices $59 for a one-year license to be used on as much as 500 websites. There’s additionally a lifetime plan that prices $249 (identical as Divi).
Moreover, you may wish to buy GenerateBlocks Professional, as the 2 pair very effectively collectively. If you happen to do, GenerateBlocks Professional begins at $39 to be used on a single website. There’s no lifetime choice for GenerateBlocks Professional.
👉 Learn this submit for extra particulars on GeneratePress:
Which Is the Best Divi Various for Your Wants?
Selecting the perfect Divi different depends upon what you’re seeking to accomplish, so I’m going to interrupt my suggestions down into just a few completely different situations.
1. Theme + Web page Builder Strategy
If you happen to just like the “conventional” Divi strategy the place you utilize a theme to manage international templates and elegance guidelines and a visible builder to design particular person pages, listed below are my suggestions.
First off, if you would like the theme to have its personal builder, then your greatest bets are as follows:
Nevertheless, my private advice can be to decide on a light-weight and versatile base theme and pair it together with your favourite drag-and-drop builder. Your two greatest choices listed below are:
First, this strategy is greatest from a efficiency perspective as a result of each Astra and GeneratePress are very light-weight.
Second, it offers you extra flexibility for 2 causes:
- Astra and GeneratePress each offer you a ton of choices within the WordPress Customizer. You’ll get many extra choices than the Divi theme.
- You possibly can pair them with any builder. If you happen to like Elementor, you should utilize Elementor. If you happen to choose Beaver Builder, you should utilize Beaver Builder. Heck, you could possibly even use the plugin model of Divi Builder if you happen to nonetheless choose the Divi Builder interface!
As for Astra vs GeneratePress, I don’t suppose you’ll go flawed both manner. I personally use GeneratePress, however Astra is great, too. Learn my Astra vs GeneratePress comparability to study extra.
2. Full Theme Constructing Answer
Subsequent, let’s say that you just’re searching for a real visible web site builder/theme constructing expertise the place you possibly can design your whole website utilizing a visible interface, together with the header, footer, and single/archive templates. Like Divi’s theme builder function.
On this case, I might advocate Elementor or Elementor Professional to most individuals for just a few causes:
- It’s simply as user-friendly as Divi (I feel extra so, personally).
- You get the identical detailed design choices as Divi.
- It affords a popup builder along with the theme builder.
Beaver Builder and Beaver Themer are additionally good choices right here, although I feel Elementor Professional has the sting for most individuals (and Elementor Professional will likely be rather a lot cheaper if you happen to’re solely constructing just a few websites).
Alternatively, for extra superior customers, I might advocate Oxygen. Right here’s a superb rule of thumb: if you happen to’re the kind of one that complains about how bloated a web page builder’s code output is, that’s most likely an indication that you just’ll match effectively within the Oxygen camp.
Past that, Oxygen can also be manner stronger with dynamic content material, which is essential if you happen to’re constructing customized content material websites with customized fields.
3. Best Free Divi Alternatives
If you happen to’re particularly searching for free Divi alternate options, right here’s my advice.
First, decide a versatile base theme — the free variations of Astra and GeneratePress are each wonderful choices.
Second, pair them with the free model of Elementor, which provides help for visible, drag-and-drop constructing such as you get with Divi.
This mixture will get you shut to what Divi affords at zero price.
Construct Your Web site Right now
Lots of people love Divi, however it’s not the perfect WordPress web site constructing resolution for everybody.
Fortunately, there are tons of fantastic Divi alternate options, which are available in each theme and plugin codecs.
On this article, I did my greatest to spotlight the six greatest choices for most individuals. By following the steerage within the earlier part, you need to be capable of decide the software that’s proper on your wants.
Do you continue to have any questions on selecting the perfect Divi different on your scenario? Tell us within the feedback!